Lost and Channel 4

Posted on January 12th, 2006 at 3:03 pm

Well that was an enjoyable double episode of Lost last night. And only a three month wait till series two. Its weird to think that, after 24 hours of television, all they have managed to do is open a hatch, have a baby, make a ship and vegetable patch. But for some reason its still rewarding TV. This might be due to the acting as I can’t think of one character, maybe apart from 2-ep Hans, who has been inconsistent.

I can’t get into Invasion though. Its just trying a bit too hard to be Lost, without any of the charm, and I wont be watching any more of it. I hope Channel 4 didn’t pay too much for it.

Much better is My Name Is Earl. I’ve already ‘previewed’, ahem, the first 10 episodes and they are all well written peices of fine comedy with just the right balance of clever and dumb to hit both funny bones.

Ofcom had a go at Channel 4 as it revealed that each 65-minute episode contained just 36 minutes of new footage. It really is annoying that the show gets broken up so much but at the end of the day I’d rather watch these extra ads than have to subscribe to Sky to see high quality US programming.

Oh and here’s a link to the interesting Lost trailer for Channel 4.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 12th, 2006 at 3:03 pm and is filed under Funny, TV. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.

6 comments so far.

• julian says:

Yes – My Name is Earl is funny..i watched the first episode again last night and am looking forward to tommorows offering..earl

• Marc says:

I still think the script writes are making this sh1t up as they go along beyond the initial concept. check out tvsquad.com for the spoilers – I’m already prepping myself for the ending of series 2 where they will surely have some silly ending.

Anyway The OC is back so all is good with the world.

• KingOfMyCastle says:

Just saw Irish John and he said the same thing about the OC.

Spoilers? Never!

• Lori says:

We have a double episode of Lost tomorrow. The commercial says, “You thought you were alone on the island…..you were WRONG”…in that crazy announcer voice.

I love My Name is Earl. Funny stuff. Anyone seen Everyone Hates Chris?

• KingOfMyCastle says:

Whats up with the double episodes? 24 season 5 opened with a 2 hour special I heard.

Lost season 2 starts here in Spring. I am avoiding all oriental people I see in town who try to offer me Season 2 DVDs.

I liked the first two episodes of EHC. Wonder how it will play to the general UK audience?

• Lori says:

Well with as many commercials as we have, double episodes equal about an hour of actual TV. 24 did open with a double, but I don’t really get into that any more. Something happens that’s kind of like the shower scene from Dallas years ago. Not very original.

EHC, no idea how that will play. Do you think it’s that regional that people in UK won’t get it? It’s pretty basic ghetto humor. Just replace ghetto with chavs, and you’re golden!

Please add a comment